No expert on raising bilingual kids and want info that actually applies to YOUR family?
Increase your chances of raising fluent bilinguals by getting the answers and information you need for your unique situation. Book a video call or in-person meeting with Anne.
Personalized Consultation for Your Family
In a video call or in-person consultation, we go over the questions you have about raising multilingual children, the opportunities and challenges you face and strategies for successfully raising your child to become bilingual or multilingual. Our meeting is tailored to your family, the particular languages involved in your life and the questions you have and the things you would like to discuss or know more about. Situations that people have asked about include:
- I just had a baby and want to teach her my language.
- We just moved to a new country and our children don't speak the local language.
- My kids are older and don't speak my language.
- My son used to be fluent in my language but doesn't speak it anymore.
- My daughter is already bilingual and we want her to go into French immersion.
- I am considering French immersion for my son but I don't speak any French myself.
Connect with Anne from anywhere in the world from your phone, desktop, mobile or tablet device. Available world-wide. In English or German. Contact me to request a video call.
In a video call, we focus on your specific situation, the questions you have about your family and practical strategies and tips that work for your family and goals.
In an in-person meeting, we focus on your specific situation, the questions you have about your family and practical strategies and tips that work for your family and goals.
Workshops for Bilingual and Multilingual Families
Hands-on strategies and practical information to help families successfully raise multilingual children
- How can my child become fluent in both English and my native language?
- What do I do when my children mix the two languages?
- What do I do when my children are reluctant to speak my language?
- When should my children start to learn English?
- Does bilingualism cause language delay?
- What about reading and writing in each language?
This workshop provides parents with answers to their questions as well as hands-on strategies and practical information. In this workshop, you will:
- learn numerous practical strategies to address the challenges of bringing up children with more than one language,
- receive expert answers to your questions about your unique situation and language combinations, and
- develop an action plan to reach your family's language goals.
Contact me to request a workshop.
Presentations for Professionals
Custom presentations on child multilingualism topics for professionals such as early childhood educators, librarians, community health nurses, speech language pathologists, doctors, teachers and school administrators on a variety of topics surrounding multilingual first language acquisition and child multilingualism, e.g.:
- Multilingual literacy: learning to read and write in two or more languages,
- French immersion,
- Bilingualism in children with language disorders,
- Multilingual children in school
Contact me to request a presentation for you and your colleagues.