Selected Past Bilingual Family Workshops, Presentations & Events
- Raising bilingual children: A workshop for multilingual families. North Vancouver City Library, North Vancouver.
- Bilingual families: Opportunities, benefits and challenges. Queen Mary Family Learning Program at St. John the Evangelist Anglican Church (220 West 8th Street), North Vancouver.
- Question Time for Bilingual Families. North Shore Neighbourhood House Lolo Family Drop-in at John Braithwaite Community Centre, North Vancouver.
- Juggling more than one language: Best practices for learning language. Fostering Early Development Workshop. Developmental Disabilities Association. Vancouver.
- Elsie Roy Elementary School, Presentation for bilingual and multilingual families, Vancouver.
- Vancouver Westside German School, Workshop for bilingual and multilingual families, Vancouver.
- Bilingualism & children with language disorders. Presentation at the Annual Education Event for VCH Speech-Language Pathologists, Vancouver.
- Children growing up with multiple languages: A parents’ how-to guide. Workshop for bilingual and multilingual families at West Vancouver Community Centre, sponsored by the West Vancouver Child and Family Hub. West Vancouver.
- Bilingualism in children with language disorders: Research findings and recommendations. Presentation to Speech Language Pathologists at Vancouver Coastal Health, West Vancouver.
- Information stand at Family Literacy Fair, John Braithwaite Community Centre, North Vancouver