Bilingual Family Consulting
Information and practical strategies for successfully raising your child to become bilingual or multilingual
MYTH: My child will become bilingual no problem.
FACT: Many children from multilingual families in the Lower Mainland and elsewhere become monolingual English speakers (even if their parents speak another language at home). Raising children with more than one language typically requires thoughtful planning and conscious effort.
For Families: Personalized consultations and workshops for multilingual families
I offer personalized one-on-one consultations and interactive workshops for families on raising children with two or more languages (see Services for more information).
For Professionals: Presentations on topics surrounding multilingual first language acquisition
For professionals such as early childhood educators, community health nurses, librarians, speech language pathologists, doctors, teachers and school administrators, I offer presentations on a variety of topics regarding child multilingualism (see Services for more information).
Contact me if you have questions about:
- Raising children with two or more languages
- French immersion for monolingual or already multilingual children
- Speaking, reading & writing for bilingual or multilingual children
- Personalized recommendations and strategies for your multilingual family
- Other questions related to children growing up with more than one language